Florida is one of the fastest-growing states in the US. We are home to Spring Training (Baseball), Disney World, Tampa Bay Rays (Hockey), oranges – and hurricanes. And with this unprecedented growth comes the unprecedented need for mental health services. If you are looking for a therapist in the Tampa Bay area (or all of Florida for online therapy), there are several options.
I want to help you find a therapist in Tampa Florida.
- Identify the problem you would like to solve. Are you feeling anxious, depressed or sad, hopeless, or angry? Or are you having trouble in your marriage or your job? Do you need individual, family, or couples counseling?
- Decide what kind of mental health professional you need. There are counselors/therapists (specializing in mental health, marriage & family therapy, and social work), life coaches, psychologists, and psychiatrists.
- Ask your friends or family members who have spoken highly of their therapist. They may refer you or help you find a therapist who would be a good fit.
- Ask your doctor, attorney, or other professional for recommendations.
- Do a google search for a therapist in your area. Or go to Psychology Today or another directory site. If you are looking for a specialized counselor, such as one who is LGBTQI-affirming, add that into your search as well.
A Free Therapy Consultation in Tampa, FL
Most mental health professionals offer a free therapy consultation. This is an opportunity for you to get more information about the therapist to see if they would be a good fit. And they can determine in this call if they are able to help you or if they know of another therapist they can refer you to.
I hope this helps you find the right therapist in Tampa. If you are still feeling stuck, feel free to message me via my Contact page. If you are looking for help with anxiety, depression, or PTSD, you can read more about how I can help you HERE.